Santa Cruz Workshop Registration Link
Day One: Design & Build - Saturday, November 7, 9am-5pmDay Two: On & Off-grid Systems - Sunday, November 8, 9am-5pm
Ready to change your world?Join seasoned tiny house builder and designer, Jay Shafer and construction expert, Daniel Bell, and experience a whole new way of thinking about house design and the spaces we live in. During this comprehensive 2-day workshop, Jay will share his unique subtractive design philosophy while walking you through everything you need to know to design and build your very own tiny house. This is a unique opportunity to gain knowledge while sharing your ideas and experiences with other tiny house enthusiasts!
DAY ONE: DESIGN AND BUILD WORKSHOP Jay and Daniel will give an overview of tiny house design, building, and regulations, while tackling some of the faulty building information that has been disseminated throughout the tiny house community. This will be a day of intensive learning, tiny house discussion, and Q&A.
What you’ll Learn:
- House Plans: What to look for and how to read them!
- Codes, Zoning, and Loopholes: The five ways to meet or beat the building codes and zoning restrictions that can make living simply seem way too complicated.
- Building Overview: How to build your own tiny house from trailer (or foundation) to roof and everything in between.
- Get guidance and tips for each stage of your project so you can go home with the confidence to build your own tiny house.
- Jay Shares his Biggest Mistakes Ever: Learn how to identify and avoid these common mistakes and pitfalls in your own design and building process.
- Get advice and tips on how to select the best materials for your project.